Caretakers are responsible for looking after assets, individuals, or properties at the request of an employer. They care for buildings and grounds of specific properties and usually live on the premises in order to provide better surveillance.
These professionals may work at schools, ranches, private residences, farms, hotels, churches, bed and breakfast inns, among other buildings. They work for long or short terms according to specific needs of their clients.
- Some employers demand applicants having a background in building or home maintenance. A general minimum requirement for candidates is having a High School Diploma including relevant work experience for this area.
- There are homeowners that may decide to run a criminal background and a credit check for this type of job.
- Professionals that specialize in animal caretaking are required to have a Bachelor´s Degree in Animal Science or Biology if they want to work at Zoos. Useful experience for this specific field is working in a pet shop or volunteering at an animal shelter.
- Having good communication skills.
- Having high attention to details.
- Being able to work alone or with a team.
- Having multitasking skills.
Employment Type: Full time
Type of Role: Regular