Carpentry work with wooden structures, frameworks, and ornaments to the correct specifications. This involves making adjustments to projects, installing windows and doors, and following blueprints.
This is typically a full-time role but may also include evening and weekend hours, depending on the company and the project. Because finish carpenters work indoors and outdoors, there can be extreme temperatures and weather to contend with as well. Candidates for this role should demonstrate carpentry expertise, have great attention to detail, be comfortable working as part of a team, and have the strength and stamina to work long hours and lift heavy materials.
- Follow blueprints and building plans to meet the needs of clients.
- Install structures and fixtures, such as windows and molding.
- Measure, cut, and shape wood, plastic, and other materials.
- Construct building frameworks, including walls, floors, and doorframes.
- Build cabinets, vanities, tub and shower surrounds and other projects based on demand.
- Additional 1+ years’ experience in rough carpentry preferred
- Extensive knowledge of power tools, including skill saw, miter saw and jigsaw
- Possession of basic hand tools and reliable transportation to job sites
- Knowledge of lumber grades and countertop materials
Employment Type: Full time
Type of Role: Regular